The Highway 22 Complete Wiring Kit includes all the necessary wiring for headlights including: a three position headlight switch; a 40 amp electric fan or fuel pump relay; heavy duty power and accessory expansion; micro-relays for horns and turn signals; an accessory harness for radio, electric wipers, heater, air conditioning, fuel pump, and interior lighting. This kit also contains a floor mounted dimmer switch; an ignition switch that has been designed for either dash or column mounting, and includes all the connectors and terminals. The Highway 22 was designed to promote complete mounting flexibility and creativity in specialty electrical systems.
- Modular wiring system
- 22 power circuits supported through 15 fuses and 1 circuit breaker
- Battery and accessory power tap studs provided for system expansion
- Panel protected with a 175 amp Mega-Fuse junction block with a 8 gauge panel feed wire
- Nylon mechanically secured panel containing secondary push-back locks, has a 7-1/2″ x 4-1/2″ footprint, 3-3/8″ in height, and mounted on a (G10) non-conductive epoxy base
- All power buss bars are constructed of 6 gauge copper
- All wires are constructed from heat resistant (-60F – +275F)
- GXL heavy-wall wire with laser printed circuit identification every 2 inches
- GM color coded wires for ease of installation
- All power circuits wires are 12 gauge constructed
- New front loaded vibration proof self- locking (Hooke’s Law) screw down terminal connection
- Dedicated battery and ignition circuits for electronic fuel injection (EFI) Kit contains 3 relays (Horn, Turn Signal & 40 amp Electric Fan or Fuel Pump)
- Turn signal and hazard flasher circuits provided
- 8 gauge alternator feed wire provided
- The kit is set-up for a GM “SI” internally regulated alternator or GM 1-wire
- Kit includes 3 (In-dash Ignition, Headlight & Alum. Knob and Floor Dimmer) switches
- GM in-column ignition switch connectors provided, along with 3-7/8″ GM steering column connectors with male and female terminals
- Plugs directly most 69-74 GM column and most aftermarket steering columns or use the terminals and connector provided to mate to any column
- Spare circuits available (for power windows, locks, cruise, etc.).
- Engine compartment (oil pressure, water temp, tach, starter, neutral safety, brake switch, ignition switch, distributor (GM HEI or Points), coil, main power and alternator)
- Chassis wiring (fuel pump, electric fan, headlights, running lights, brake lights, 3rd brake lt., directional, license plate, radio, heat & AC, and wipers)
- Full color schematic of overall vehicle wiring along with individual harness subkit instructions for trouble-free installation.