AMT Motorsport is proud to offer one the best braking systems available for your Corvette – the Essex-designed AP Racing Competition brake kit. As you start to increase speed on the track you quickly realize the factory braking systems on the Corvette are not up to the task of repeated and sustained abuse, especially with slick tires, aero, and a braking move that may find you on the podium! Without 100% confidence in your brakes it’s hard to run consistent and enjoyable laps, but these systems from AP insure that your brakes are the same every single time you hit the pedal.
We ran AP kits on our C5 race car exclusively for 7 years and in that time never once gave a spare thought to the capability of the braking system. Many racers have removed various aftermarket brake kits from their car and settled on an AP Racing system but we’ve never heard of anybody taking off an AP kit and switching to something else. They are expensive and they are worth every penny. We’ve all heard the adage “buy once cry once” but it should ring especially true when it comes to stopping your car.
Complete front AP Racing Competition Brake Kit for all C5 Corvettes.
- Features AP Racing CP8350 four piston calipers utilizing 20mm thick pads
- 325x32mm, 70 vane AP Racing disc – full floating rotors with black anodized aluminum hats
- Mounting brackets and Spiegler stainless steel brake lines
- Saves 16 unsprung lbs. from nose of C6 vs. base OEM brakes
- Clears OEM C5Z06 front 17″ wheels and rear 18″ wheels
- Every component designed to resist the heat of extended track sessions
- Pistons sized properly to allow for seamless integration with OEM master cylinder and ABS system
- Designed to work with OEM rear brakes or our Essex/AP Racing rear BBK